FADP is co-sponsoring a statewide speaking tour by Sister Helen Prejean, who wrote “Dead Man Walking.” Sr. Helen is a passionate and incredibly moving speaker for ending executions. She has seven public events planned for October 14-17, 2016. Your help is urgently needed to help fund her tour and for materials and expenses for organizers to educate, connect, and activate new voices into the mighty chorus of a strong statewide campaign to end the Florida’s use of the death penalty. Please make a donation today.
The time is now for your help. Dates and venues for Sister Helen’s Florida Tour, “The Power of God’s Mercy” are available at the FADP website “Events” page. Please make a donation today to make the tour a success and please attend and invite your friends to attend a Sr. Helen event near you. Only with your help can the work be done and progress made.
Your tax-deductible check can also be mailed to:
P.O. Box 82943
Tampa, FL 33680
Here is a list of Sister Helen’s Florida events. More details soon:
- Friday, Oct 14th, 11 a.m. – Cody Enrichment Center at St. Joseph’s parish, Jacksonville, FL; Sr. Prejean will be joined by Dale Recinella, Catholic Chaplain on Florida’s Death Row (Lunch)
- Friday, Oct 14th, 6 p.m. – State Respect Life Conference at Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic Church in Winter Park, FL; Dale Recinella will also be speaking at the Conference
- Saturday, Oct 15th, 12 Noon – St. Patrick’s Parish Hall in Palm Beach Gardens (Light refreshments)
- Saturday, Oct 15th, 7 p.m. – St. Thomas University in Miami Gardens (Light refreshment)
- Sunday, Oct 16th, 12:30 p.m. – St. Lawrence in Tampa at Mass, followed by a longer presentation in the parish hall at 2:00 p.m. (Light refreshments)
- Sunday, Oct 16th , 7 p.m. – Sacred Heart parish in Punta Gorda; Sr. Prejean will be joined by Marietta Jaeger-Lane of Journey of Hope (Light refreshments)
- Monday, Oct 17th, 7 p.m. – Co-Cathedral of St. Thomas More in Tallahassee; Dale Recinella will also be speaking. (Light refreshments)