It is very important that legislators hear from their constituents about important matters such as opposition to the killing of prisoners and related issues. Please follow these easy steps:
- Click here to find out who your State Rep and Senators are. Call their offices to share your views, or better, write them a brief, hand written note. Please find out when they will be in the district, and schedule a time that you can visit your legislator “About issues you care about.”
- Click here for a basic “how to” primer on meeting with your legislators.
- Click here for specific talking points so that you can be clear, concise and accurate during your visit.
- Visit your legislators in their offices when they are in the district. If your legislator is holding a public forum or will be at public events, go see them there in addition to in their office! Use the talking points to raise “on the spot” questions like, “Do you support executing the mentally ill?”
AFTER YOUR VISIT, RETURN TO THIS PAGE
- Click here to fill in the “How My Visit Went” questionnaire.
- Follow up your visit with a brief, HAND WRITTEN note to the legislators and/or legislative staff you visited.
- CALL YOUR LEGISLATOR, and urge your friends and neighbors to do the same. FADP asks EVERYONE to make a phone call to the Capitol to ask their Senator AND Rep for a meaningful review of Florida’s Death Penalty.
Floridians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty
2603 NW 13th St (AKA Dr. MLK Jr. Hwy)
Gainesville, FL 32609
Copyright ©2005 FADP. All rights reserved.
Designed & Hosted by: Support FADP and contact Computer Partners for Web Design & Hosting, eCommerce and Search Engine Optimization.